Sunday, September 20, 2009

An Interview with Loretta Fontaine




web site: www.lorettafontaine.com

What are you bringing to the Albany Holiday Studio Sale?
Loretta Fontaine: I'll be bringing my award-winning fine artisanal jewelry in sterling silver and 14K gold with miniature original photography. I have some special new earrings and necklaces that I'm designing that use black and white photographs I took of a fern combined with shimmering green peridot beads. For special holiday gifts, I can incorporate a client's photograph into any of my designs.

What is your process and/or inspiration?
Loretta Fontaine: I have a background in architecture, and I enjoy working details out on a small scale. I do all my own metalwork and take all of the photographs that are used in my jewelry. I'm inspired by natural forms and shapes and the patterns found in wallpapers and fabrics.

What else would you like us to know about yourself?
Loretta Fontaine: A member of the Woman's Club of Albany, I volunteer to help run the Albany Holiday Studio Sale. (10% of artists sales, and all proceeds from the raffle and the Spotted Dog Cafe benefit the programs of the Woman's Club.) I can also juggle flower sticks and bake a mean focaccia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear form you! Please leave a comment!