Monday, September 28, 2009

An Interview with Nancy Noble Gardner




web site: Fine Art Photography by Nancy Noble Gardner, www.floppypoppy.com

What are you bringing to the Albany Holiday Studio Sale?
Nancy Noble Gardner: I'm bringing my best color photographs, large and small, as well as greeting cards. My images are macro photography of flowers and seashells; in some, I used a kaleidoscope filter. I also have photographs from Greece, including seascapes, icons, and statuary. I've greatly reduced the prices on most of my photographs, which start at $25.

What is your process and/or inspiration?
Nancy Noble Gardner:
As I create an image, I celebrate and pay homage to
my subject. It is my way of saying "thank you"
for the perfect, momentary gift.
My lens is the window to another world, where
visual subjects mingle with feelings and memories,
and metaphors are born.
Like dreams, I photograph to transcend, rather than record.
When I am fortunate, my images venture beyond words,
and become a mirror of my soul.


What else would you like us to know about yourself?
Nancy Noble Gardner: I'm fortunate to photograph and exhibit on Martha's Vineyard in the summer. I've made 15 trips to Greece, where I've had two exhibitions and been published twice in Odyssey Magazine. My greeting cards won an award at the National Stationary Show and I received a grant from the NY Foundation for the Arts. I'm happy to be a part of the Albany Holiday Studio Sale, as I love working within a community of other artists, where I am inspired by them and can enjoy meeting the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear form you! Please leave a comment!